Sunday, May 01, 2011

dang.. it's been awhile


I haven't done a blog post in awhile. It's not for lack of activity or writing. I have just been focusing my energies on Twitter and Facebook. My original love, this blog, which is in its 9th year, has been neglected. No more! Every day this month I will post at least a blog a day...

Now what to write about... On the way to the library, I found a robins egg on the ground, still warm, and I could see the doomed struggling little bird inside the egg. I looked up in the tree for a nest, but could not find it. DeKalb is such a windy place. Not the best place to build a nest, but robins are creatures of nature, as we all are, I guess. I looked at this doomed bird, a little wistful about the fragility of life, a little there-but-for-the-grace-of-God-go-I, and continued on my way. I probably would forget about this small moment, but now that little bird is immortalized in the backwoods bayou of the "Intranets" that is this blog.

I've got 10 minutes left here at the library and am listening to Pandora, "Cemetery Row," by the Minus 5. It features Colin Meloy, the lead singer of The Decemberists, the ultimate English major nerd college rock band I fell in love with a few years ago. They are a good band to glom onto. Their indie prolificity knows no bounds. After my ten minutes are up, I will check out a couple Men's Health magazines, take them home, then head over to DeGroovia Guitars on N. 3rd St., in DeKalb, for some live music by my fellow local musicians, many of whom I've jammed with. Tonight's plans include composing and recording an electronic song on my laptop. It's a windy, tempestuous day. I'll have to kick the cat out when I do the vocal parts. She loves to meow along.

Life has been good lately, full of growth, self-improvement, positivity and goodwill towards all. As much as I want to be a moody artist, my default mode is sunny, anything-is-possibly-nay-probable optimism. Life has tried to beat this out of me, but only in the depths of winter does it ever go away.

Yesterday morning I took a series of self portraits, including some with my shirt off. Why? Because, to put it simply, I'm more ripped than I've ever been. And with only four minutes left, I'm going to find one of those photos, post it here, write some tags, and be on my way. Thanks for reading.

No comments: