Monday, April 12, 2010

Cubs home opener, etc.

Going into the top of the 3rd inning, no score in the Cubs & Brewers home opener @ Wrigley. Listening to it on the radio while recording music on my laptop.

My life has been revolutionized by my growing mastery of digital music editing. I find the same skills employed in Movie Maker, especially cutting & pasting sound bites visually.

Last week i recorded "Inflatable Barbie Chair" & added my own drum & vibraphone parts. It's a good song because its structure is simple verse-chorus-verse. It's a totally different song now, & i can't wait 2 post it online. I'm working on a music video for it, using only still images.

I am now working on a more progressive rock-inspired number. Instruments so far: lead guitar, solo guitar, crunchy guitar, organ, vibraphone, drum kit, midvoice, bass voice. Over 5 mins. are already recorded, w/ about 5 more to go. I'm shooting for Meatloaf operatic bombast & paeans to late 60s Donovan & Iron Butterfly.

Take heed, mere mortal, for the fates reign from on high...    


The New Busy is not the too busy. Combine all your e-mail accounts with Hotmail. Get busy.

No comments: