Thursday, August 04, 2005


Whew! I just finished my summer course in bibliography and literary research. I don't know what grade I got, but it's possible I got an 'A.' The Bukowski paper was given a B++ and I got A's in four out of seven other assignments. So I guess it depends in the whim of Dr. William Baker and the results of my take-home final. Today, yes, today, the day after my final class in a week full of flurry of scholarship, I took the Graduate Record Examination general text, and without any prior study I got a good enough score on the verbal skills portion to get into the graduate program at NIU. Funny thing is I guessed on more than half the quantitative (math) portion questions, but ended up with a higher score. This goes to show you that these tests do not accurately determine intelligence.

This picture describes how I felt after four hours of testing. Tomorrow I'm going to veg out, go on a hike and avoid the library at all costs. By the way, here's a picture of Founder's Memorial Library, where I've spent most of my summer hours.