Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Whoay joey... Two days in a row-e. Full of silliness and lethargy, my body thermostat is going haywire since I started jogging all regular-like. Love the post-jog peace of mind, better than being stoned, relaxed, no paranoia. Will destroy ya.

So, I jogged this morning from my parent's all the way to Sportscore and back. Shorter distance out today because I turned around after 25 minutes instead of 30. Ended up back at the start and had to jog back up the street to finish out my time and catch Esther, the good wife, who always trails behind (short legs, strong will). I'm up to 50-plus minutes a day and loving it. Jogging gives me the same peace of mind and relaxation that I think I get from hiking, though the hiking "high" is more prolonged because the duration of exercise is longer. I'm so proud to fulfill one of my post-hike goals. It gives me a sense of purpose and something to do in these post-thru-hike unemployed times. Jogging is also an easy form of exercise. No need to join a club, no special equipment besides running shoes, and no coordination necessary. Just a willingness to push your pace, get up a fast heart rate and go go go. Ran with my brother Sunday and kept up with him until the end, when he broke out in a sprint for home.

Back to employment, the good wife Sisu/Esther is interviewing for a nanny/living assistance position in Madison that could pay her up to $15 an hour with health and dental benefits, steady hours, weekends off. Selfish bastard me hopes she gets a higher paying job so I can work part-time and focus on the PCT novel I've started, which is building up steam. Jogging, writing, living, drinking, sex, just about anything, I guess, gets easier with repetition, discipline and staying on task. Goldarn-tootinit, ain't I just a good little soldier.

My time is up here. Best go focus on some real writing.

No comments: